Benefits of Vaser in Gynecomastia surgery|Dr. Ashish Khare
Gynecomastia Surgeon Dr. Ashish Khare:- VASER ( Vibration Amplification Of Sound Energy ) is a revolutionary technology for the removal of fat and offers a safe alternative to traditional conventional liposuction. Vaser uses ultrasound energy which emulsifies the fat before suctioning.
- What is Vaser Liposuction? How does it differ from traditional Liposuction?|Gynecomastia Surgeon Dr. Ashish Khare
Vaser uses ultrasound energy which emulsifies the fat and hence the fat can be suctioned out smoothly. There is uniform removal of fat without any nodularity or bulging which gives a better contour and shape. The localized heat generation helps in better redraping of skin flap to the underlying pectoralis major muscle, hence better masculine look results. There is minimal damage to the adjacent blood vessels and nerves thereby minimal bruising and early recovery.
- How is the consistency of chest fat different from the fat over the abdomen and the other body areas?
Consistency and the density of fat is different in various body areas. Even in males, the consistency of the chest fat is different from that of the abdomen or the love handles. Chest fat is usually dense as compared to the soft fat anywhere else and glandular tissue underlying the nipples is also firm to hard. Vaser energy helps in emulsifying the fat evenly from the inframammary fold up to the clavicle and also uptill the lateral chest wall.
- Who is the ideal candidate for Vaser Liposuction?|Gynecomastia Surgeon Dr. Ashish Khare
Any healthy adult who has stubborn fat over the chest, which is resistant to diet and exercise, is an ideal candidate for Vaser liposuction.
- How much fat can be suctioned out from each chest?
The amount of fat suctioned depends upon the grade of gynecomastia and also the fatty component as well as the glandular component. We can easily suction about one liter of fat from each chest. The glands can be removed from a separate periareolar approach.
- Can gynecomastia surgery be combined with other body areas?
Yes, gynecomastia can definitely be combined with abdominal liposuction.
- Can Vaser Liposuction be treated under Local or Awake Anesthesia?
Yes, vaser liposuction can easily be performed under local or awake anesthesia.
- How soon will I see the results and how early is the recovery?
One can see a visible difference in chest protuberance at the first change of dressing itself, which is around 48 hrs post-surgery . There is minimal bruising and pain and recovery after Vaser liposuction is pretty early. One can get back to his work after 3-5 days if the pain settles down with few post-operative precautions.